I began crafting as a child with my mother. She’d have us painting pots and glueing with hot glue guns. The smell of ecalyptus brings back so many memories.
I just graduated from Liberty University with my Masters of Arts in Religion in Discipleship.
I have a two year old son who makes my days fly by.
I am currently doing an ministry internship with my church.
While I love the Lord, I also have a passion for interior design. I really feel that our homes are a refuge for our family and we should endevour to literally design our life. Just like you wouldn't make lasagne without a receipe, home decor doesn't just happen. It's designed and planned for in order to be a work of art.
What got you started crafting?
I began crafting as a child with my mother. She'd have us painting pots and glueing with hot glue guns. The smell of ecalyptus brings back so many memories.
Now, my crafts are a bit different in nature, but the E-design PDFs are my way of continuing in my passion (interior design) while being a mother. Creating the pdf's takes a long time, but it's something I can do during my son's nap time and at night after he's asleep.
What is your source of inspiration?
The first source of inspiration in creating the Home E-designs comes from the buyer. I create the PDF guide by refering to the home interview completed by the buyer. This lets me know their needs, their home challenges, and lets me understand what they need out of the E-design as a whole.
My second source of inspiration normally comes from identifying a color scheme. When I know the colors that will fill the PDF E-design, I become inspired to find just the perfect items that coincide with that scheme. The results are breathtaking.
What have you made recently?
My most recent E-design was for a family out in California. The husband is in the military, so the family has to move often.
1. She purchased the Military E-design from Etsy and I immediately sent her the E-design Interview.
2. She sent me the completed interview as well as pictures of her space.
3. I asked her any additional questions about her needs and her space, then began to select products that fit with her style, her needs, and her life.
4. I compile pictures of each of the selections into a file that is organized to highlight the benefits of the products as well as to show how wonderful her room will look if she chooses to use these ideas.
5. I also compile an Excel file with links to each of the products, the colors, the prices, and the sizes of each item.
6. Each of her rooms had a seperate PDF with 16 pages of E-designs. I sent this back to her through e-mail.
7. She loved them! With the aid of this digitally crafted resource, she will be able to begin to revamp her space to fit her needs and create a more organized and family friendly space.
Where do you sell your crafts presently?
I sell my PDF E-designs on Etsy as well as on my local website on Weebly.
Why are handmade crafts important to you?
Why buy from a corporate store when you can seek help from an individual who has spent personal time and effort handmaking a craft? I buy handmade because I feel like I am announcing to the world that personal interaction is so much better than ringing up at a cashier. For my personal crafting, I feel that I would rather work on my own than through a large business that tells me how I'm supposed to relate with my customer. I'd like to think I know my customer better than that ;-)
Gulf Coast of Mississippi
SALE10 - 10% off for October